Greetings! We are currently in prayerful search for a Youth and Family Minister and
are thankful for your interest in our congregation. Please take the opportunity to
review the below information aboutour church family and this position.
We are a congregation of about 150 members, led by a group of 4 elders. The majority of our members live in the greater Kingsport area. The rest join us from the Tri-Cities area (Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol) or from across the border of Virginia. However, our congregation is diverse in that most of us were not “born and raised” in the region and have roots in other parts of the country.
Spiritually, we are a loving and generous congregation actively seeking ways to grow and advance outreach in our community. We believe scripture is the word of God – our ultimate authority –the only way to form a relationship with Him. Our members are active participants in our community working and serving in a wide range of professions and volunteer opportunities. What binds us together is our faith and love for Christ.
Our ideal candidate:
- Preferably holds a degree in youth and family ministry or a related Bible degree
- Experience in working with teens/families and children’s ministry appreciated
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of scripture with a thirst to further deepen that understanding
- Passionate about helping families and able to communicate effectively with all ages
- Committed to the spiritual growth of the entire congregation
- Passionate about evangelism
- Preferably married
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Teaching regular Bible classes to the youth, families, as well as parents and adults
- Organizing service opportunities for youth and families to participate in (including the young children in service opportunities and events)
- Connecting the youth to the congregation through intentional planning and organization
Our Youth and Family Minister will receive a full-time salary, benefits, paid vacation, and
an expense allowance for cell phone, personal study materials, and continuing
Interested applicants should submit cover letters and resumes via email@example.com.
Information on Kingsport: http://visitkingsport.com/visit/move-to- kingsport