WEDNESDAY NIGHT USHER
- Unlock front and side doors by 6:45 p.m.
- Turn on lights in building as needed.
- Unlock auditorium doors as needed.
- Count attendance at approximately 7:30 p.m. and put totals in Nancy Perry’s mailbox in Member’s Work Area in the wing.
- The class bell rings automatically at 7:50 p.m. and 7:55 p.m. If it does not, it must be rung from the top button above the basement hall light switch.
- Close the building by following the steps listed below under “Closing The Building All Services.”
CLOSING THE BUILDING ALL SERVICES
Close the building by following these steps:
- Turn off all lights in the basement, making sure to push against the all outside doors in the fellowship room and back hall. There are a few classrooms in the downstairs area that have access to the outside area – you might want to check those also.
- Turn off all lights in the upstairs wing, checking the outside door in the hall next to the library.
- Lock the outside door at the secretary’s desk and turn off all the lights in the work area.
- Check the outside door at the front of the auditorium and lights in the two rooms at the front of the auditorium.
- Turn off the lights in the auditorium and lock the doors.
- Check the upstairs area (sound booth area) to be sure all the lights are off.
- Turn off all the lights and lock outside doors to the foyer. You may skip step 7 if there are meetings going on in the building. Remind them that they are to lock door and turn out lights when they leave.
NOTES FOR ALL USHERS
- Ushers are to greet churchgoers as they arrive at front and side doors.
- The foyer should never be left unattended.
- Children should not be allowed to roam the halls and disturb classrooms.
- Try to discourage adults from congregating and talking loudly in foyer during worship as those seated at the back of the auditorium can hear them.
- Answer telephone in foyer to give directions, leave messages for members, etc.