SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY
Take attendance count at approximately 9:20 a.m. Post the total on the board in the foyer. Move previous week’s attendance and contribution numbers to previous week’s board.
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICES
- Close the doors to the auditorium as soon as the worship service begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Seat latecomers at appropriate intervals of the worship service.
- Help serve communion and offering from rear of the auditorium.
- Count the contribution with Opening Usher. (Use the Conference Room for safety). Put adding machine tape in bank bag and post the count on the board in the foyer. Counting Usher should keep the contribution until it can be given to the church treasurer (Larry Estepp) or person designated by him after services are over.
- Count attendance at approximately 10:30 a.m. (during sermon). The person in the Sound Booth will post the auditorium attendance on the Sound Booth door. Take attendance in Children’s Worship and both Nurseries. Post the totals on the board in the foyer and put total sheets in Nancy Perry’s mailbox in Member’s Work Area in the Office Wing. Be sure to mark A.M. and date on the total sheet.
SUNDAY EVENING WORSHIP SERVICES
- Close the doors to the auditorium as soon as the worship service begins at 6:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. when Life Groups are in session.
- Count attendance at approximately 6:30 p.m. (5:30 p.m.) (during the sermon). The person in the Sound Booth will post the auditorium attendance on the Sound Booth door. Count the attendance in all classrooms and the Nursery. Post the totals on the board in the foyer and out total sheets in Nancy Perry’s mailbox in the Member’s Work Area in the Office Wing. Be sure to mark P.M. and the date on the total sheet.
- Show the way for the partakers of Sunday night communion. Counting usher is the backup for the one presiding on Sunday night.
- Open the doors to the auditorium after the closing prayer.
NOTES FOR ALL USHERS:
- Children leaving the worship service must not be allowed to disturb worship. Ushers should check on any child that goes to the basement and does not return within a reasonable time.
- Ushers are to greet churchgoers as they arrive at front and side doors.
- The foyer should never be left unattended.
- The ushers are not responsible for cleaning the communion trays after morning services.
- Answer telephone in foyer to give directions, leave messages for members.