In Isaiah 6:8 we read:
“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
For me, this has always been one of those verses that inspires. Thinking about how I too have volunteered to be one of the vessels that God has chosen to send into the world has the power to take my day from the common and gives it purpose and direction. I am, and want to always be, a worker for the Lord.
But what does this verse mean to you? As God is asking – through his Spirit, through his Word, through your fellow brothers and sisters and even through those in the world for your help, your time, your involvement – do you ever swallow your first answer and remember what you professed (that Jesus Christ is Lord of your life) and what you signed up for (to die to yourself and live for him… to be a laborer in his vineyard)?
When someone is hurting – are you volunteering to be sent?
When someone is in need of direction – are you volunteering to be sent?
When there is pain and sorrow – are you volunteering to be sent?
When someone is needed to go be an encouragement – are you volunteering to be sent?
When someone has fallen astray – are you volunteering to be sent?
When God needs a leader – are you volunteering to be sent?
When there is an opportunity to serve behind the scenes – are you volunteering to be sent?
When there is a prayer to be led – are you volunteering to be sent?
When there is a need for a teacher – are you volunteering to be sent?
Right now, there are needs that require workers. Will you answer the call?
- Children’s Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible class teachers are needed. (material provided)
- Workers are needed to help with Kid’s Closet. (friendly face and willing to talk)
- Volunteers are needed to help in the sound booth (easy as clicking a button)
- Communion needs to be taken to those that cannot physically make it to the building.
- World Bible School is looking for teachers to share the good news with people wanting to know more about the Jesus. (students complete lessons online and you grade them/respond)
- And many, many more. If you are willing. Will you heed the call?