It is that time of year! I’m not talking about the part where the Government reminds you that taxes are due soon but VBS! This year’s VBS is taking place on June 30th here at the building. We will begin at 9am Saturday Morning and finish up around 3:30 in the afternoon. The theme and stories circle around Luke 5:1-11; Matthew 4:18-22; Mark 1:16-20; Matthew 28:16-20 and Mark 16:14-18 talking about being Fishers of Men. We are very excited to have this event this year and it is a big part of our Children’s and Family Ministry! There are a few things you can do for this year’s VBS!
- Bring your kids, your kid’s friends, the neighbors, grandchildren or any kids you may know! This is a free event! If you can give me a rough estimate on how many you are bringing it will help!
- Volunteer time! We have a need for those who can help out during VBS to help run stations, pass out snacks, set up, clean up, be goofy and positive, and help chaperone kids. But if you can’t be there during VBS you have plenty of opportunities beforehand. We have decorations, snacks, lunch, and many other things that can be done!
- Give if you can – We will have plenty of snacks, food items, and decoration items that people will be looking for. If you can help with these in any way please let Mark know or any of the area coordinators.
- Pray – Pray for VBS. For our students who will be there, for those who are interested, and for everyone who has a hand in the event.
- Be on the lookout – There will be lots of announcements coming up in the next few months with meetings, and work days and such for VBS. These will help us get everything done that we need to have done.
VBS is a special time of year and can be a very important event for Northeast. It gives us an opportunity to open our doors for our community and to build connections with them. I hope that you can be a part of this big event! It takes an army to pull off VBS. I want to thank you for reading this and for considering how you can help out with VBS.